Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Revolt!

Revolt is a racer-game that is reminiscent of the beloved game Toy Commander, in that you race remote control cars through suburban neighborhoods and supermarkets. Many things about the game are highly enjoyable, such as the spot-on physics engine and the environments. It isn't nearly as complete in scope or particulars as Toy Commander, as it is a fairly modestly sized game. Even with a joystick, I found the controls somewhat flitchy, though I insisted on playing in "simulation mode". It's a good way to kill an hour or three, and is free to download and play.
Link to Abandonia.

3 comments:

Don J. said...

Oh great . . . you just had to go and post that web site. How am I ever going to be productive again with all those classic computer games within reach?

Pete said...

I've always wondered what glorious thing awaited at the end of Ultima 5. It must be fantabulous.

Don J. said...

Now I have Ultima IV available through this:
http://xu4.sourceforge.net/
It even has upgraded graohics for all you eye candy whores out there (you know who you are . . .)!
Just when I thought I had a grip on reality again Pete leads me to Ultima V which I never got to play very much.
Then I stumble upon Warcraft II and all of its patches and expansions on the Pirate Bay (http://thepiratebay.org/).
Help! I am trapped in fantasy computer game nostalgia bizarro dimension X!!!