Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Seattle Sea-Chickens

They didn't just beat the Carolina Panthers in Sunday's NFC Championship Game. They crushed them from kickoff to confetti. Beat them 34-14.
They completed a trip that was 30 years in the taking. The Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl. Pause and let that sink in.
"You can sense this is a big deal to a lot of people," quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said.

The Seahawks, the franchise that has broken your heart more times than you care to remember; the
franchise that had become the definition of .500 — Team Medi-hawk-rity — is going to Motown, going to Super Bowl XL.

Complete article

From Seattle Times columnist Steve Kelley

It is a shame that I find watching paint dry more exciting than watching football on television, because this could be really emotional. The only way professional sports affects me is by making lots of traffic.

Here are some photographs of the best and brightest in American culture:

This man frightens me.

I am glad to see that even the Undead have come out to support my hometown team.

I am proud of the people in my community.

He is obviously content in life and truly enjoying a day of sport.

Last but not least. "Winning hearts and minds."

7 comments:

Pete said...

At least you're not a Ravens fan like my Dad :)

Chad said...

While not a particularly sexy Superbowl, i'm pulling for the Steelers. Mainly because it's the final year for Jerome Bettis. He's a Hall of Famer who almost quit football after his days in St. Louis to persue a professional bowling career. how friggin cool is that?

Pete said...

Professional bowling is slacker nirvana.

Chad said...

We're checking out the Fireside this weekend, since it's now a legit bowling alley. bowling kicks ass!

Don J. said...

I fully support the terrozing of Sports Bars with the TVBEGONE! Wish I could be there to see it.
As to your resounding support of the team I can only say thank you. I truly feel the love.
The Sea-Chickens have always been the underdog and they will triunph. If so, I MIGHT even call them by thier real name.

Pete said...

That's a great photo gallery you appended, J

Ryan said...

I can't decide which I hate more Christmas or Football. Since my memories of spending time with relatives during the holidays that i have little connection with includes both Football AND Christmas.

I'll say its a tie for things that couldn't be any more loathsome. Putting up with the fans might be worse. When you have to go to work and there are a million cubs fans taking the train in from the suburbs because they took the day off. I'd like to think that they are pretty entertaining, seeing how a lot of them are not used to getting around in the city. But actually they are pretty fucking annoying.

Watching a whole room full of meatheads go apeshit when all the TV's in a sports bar turn off..... Priceless.

(TVBEGONE is a wonder of modern technology.)