Friday, September 30, 2005

"My husband will stop beating me if I just prove that I love him more" by Senator Barack Obama

"I shared enough of these concerns that I voted against Roberts on the floor this morning. But short of mounting an all-out filibuster -- a quixotic fight I would not have supported; a fight I believe Democrats would have lost both in the Senate and in the court of public opinion; a fight that would have been difficult for Democratic senators defending seats in states like North Dakota and Nebraska that are essential for Democrats to hold if we hope to recapture the majority; and a fight that would have effectively signaled an unwillingness on the part of Democrats to confirm any Bush nominee, an unwillingness which I believe would have set a dangerous precedent for future administrations -- blocking Roberts was not a realistic option."
Wow. I'm doing laundry right now, so maybe I'll have more to say about this later, but man, wtf?

Edit: Why should I bother writing a response when this guy already has?

No comments: