Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm making monsters for my friends.

I'm going to revise the Shield Lands schedule to make the game more sustainable at my end. A few things have brought this on: two of our core players are moving and won't have a reliable connection for a while, I need to start going to galleries and museums and producing art again or I'll go batty (I haven't tackled a big project since I started building this virtual world in earnest), and I'm under pressure to take on more architectural projects. I've enjoyed the games thus far, and it's something that I want to keep going as long as there is interest.
After two more weekly sessions (this weekend's game, and the next game on September 3rd), the game will become bi-weekly.

3 comments:

Pete said...

Four hours of debugging this morning. Ugh.

Mr. Alex said...

What happend?

Pete said...

I have a bug that seemingly shows up randomly in the monster population "farm" code (the script that initializes the populations) and the "daily process" code.
No diagnostic I wrote proved it to be any one thing or have any rhyme or reason.
I managed to whittle it down to only tripping once per session (intuitively, it seems). But I couldn't put my finger on what it was. And that bothers me. A lot.